About Us

7525pngThe mission of Susan G. Komen Charlotte is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all, and energizing science to find the cures.

Komen Charlotte’s grant program provides funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in our 13-county service area. Komen Charlotte serves the following counties: Anson, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Richmond, Rowan, Stanly and Union, N.C.; and York County, S.C.

Through events like the Komen Charlotte Race for the Cure®, Laugh for the Cure, and community organized events, Komen Charlotte  invests 75 percent of the net funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

Race logo