- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Treatment Assistance Program
- Navigation and Resource Services
- Where Your Money Goes
- Community Grants
- Small Grants
- National Research Programs
- Mecklenburg Breast Health Coalition
- Get Involved
Mecklenburg Breast Health Coalition
History: In 2013, Komen Charlotte was awarded a community organizing grant from Komen Headquarters to address a need we found in our 2011 community profile – high late stage diagnosis rate of breast cancer in Mecklenburg County. We decided to help address this need, we should create a coalition, and the Mecklenburg Breast Health Coalition was founded.
Our initial partners around the table were ACS, LCI and Novant Health. Since 2013 we have continually added new and valuable partners to the table. We currently have 19-member organizations.
MBHC prime focus areas: Partnerships and collaborations, resource sharing, patient advocacy and education
MBHC accomplishments to date include:
- Welcomed 18 different member organizations into the coalition
- Funded two small grants to cover primary care services in Mecklenburg County (a barrier to care found in the Community Profile)
- Created a shared resource document
- Created and produced 20,000 MBHC brochures
- Created and currently pilot testing a mammography flyer showing resources for the uninsured – to be used in Emergency Departments and other clinical settings
- Held and continue to hold numerous educational sessions on topics pertinent to all coalition member to encourage shared learning
- Planning our first big event called BC CONNECT: A Resource Sharing Forum for Breast Health Professionals to be held September 5, 2018. CEU included. The event is sponsored by a Wells Fargo grant to Komen Charlotte.
For more information about the coalition, email email@example.com.
For more information about BC CONNECT: A Resource Sharing Forum for Breast Health Professionals, or to register for the event, click here.