Komen Charlotte is Hiring: Director of Marketing and Communications
Susan G. Komen Charlotte is hiring!
Are you an outgoing, dynamic and strategic marketing and communications leader? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with one of Charlotte’s leading nonprofit organizations? Then we want YOU!
This position is primarily responsible for the affiliate marketing, communications, public relations and branding. Manages messaging to internal and external audiences across 13 county service area in support of the organization’s Mission. Working closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, the Marketing and Communications Director will create and execute annual plans, strategies and collateral designed to inform and promote fundraising events, social media campaigns, and creative elements of brand execution. Will also assume general project management of Komen Charlotte signature events to include but not limited to, Race for the Cure® & Laugh for the Cure®. Is responsible for ongoing management of vendor relationships for printing services, media outlets, and resources to produce creative concepts/materials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Komen Brand Recognition/Media
- Manage PR/Communications resources in the promotion of Affiliate activities. Will manage email messaging, blog content, direct mail, social media and website, as well as all creative and print materials for affiliate. Develop, assemble and distribute promotional materials as appropriate.
- Create content and oversee the appropriate use of all social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn) and strategically outline uses for all mediums as it relates to marketing and communications. Develop content and creative as required.
- Prepare and distribute Affiliate event notices to Komen constituents and the public.
- Oversee design work and update affiliate website.
- Oversee all Race for the Cure communications, including HQ email plan, social media strategy.
- Create monthly newsletter for all constituents.
- Ensure delivery of national campaign management.
- Oversee all marketing and advertising plans, all earned media and pitch stories to local media. Schedule all media appearances, interviews and media placements to promote affiliate events and/or important campaigns.
- Work with Development to ensure timely and effective sponsorship strategy and communication.Service Area Engagement
- In partnership with the Executive Director and department leaders, manage communications with media partners to enhance the Affiliate’s visibility in the service area to increase participation, volunteers and fundraising in fulfilling our mission in affiliate’s 13-county service area.
- Develop and utilize a local approach to reach media in local surrounding communities.
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with mission team to execute mission programs, including all story-telling, Pink Sunday initiatives and communication and mission events.Affiliate Events
- Work closely with Event and Volunteer Director to oversee affiliate events. Includes fundraising strategies, event elements and appearance.
- Create all content for affiliate events, including script-writing (C-Level executives, local celebrities, etc) all visual presentations and coordinating all programing aspects.
- Assume leadership role in overseeing event/campaign peer-to-peer and general fundraising, including strategy, executing communication and outreach plan, and follow up reporting.
- Ensure, prepare and maintain proper documentation for each event, such as contracts, letters of agreement, support materials, website, return of Affiliate resources after event, receiving payment of promised funds, etc.
- Serves as primary CONVIO subject matter expert. Will oversee Race for the Cure email plan in coordination with HQ, will schedule all email content for database through Convio and pull data on as-needed basis.
- Develop and distribute press releases for all events and important affiliate campaigns.
- Working closely with the development director and often taking the lead position, ensure success of Komen receptions, survivor celebrations, and other brand/donor development forums as assigned.
- Securing in-kind contributions of materials, printing services, and other consulting services as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Updating the Komen Charlotte Affiliate master calendar and communicating monthly to board and committee members through newsletters and other requested communications.
- Closely aligned with the Executive Director on all projects and often assumes leadership role for the affiliate at the direction of the Executive Director or President of the Board of Directors.Other
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
|Education/Certification:||Bachelor’s degree in related field.|
|Experience Required:||The Marketing and Communications Director should have at least 3-5 years communications and marketing experience, preferably in a not-for-profit or similar environment. Proven success in driving YOY growth and revenue for an organization using peer to peer fundraising best practices.|
|PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:||Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.|
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
|HOURS:||The Marketing and Communications Director is an exempt employee of the Affiliate. Daily “office” hours/days will fluctuate due to extensive meeting and weekend schedules/commitments but will typically be from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm unless approved by the Executive Director.|
|TRAVEL:||Travel within the affiliate service area (13 counties in North and South Carolina). Mileage will be reimbursed. Occasional travel to national conferences and training.|
|HOW TO APPLY:||Email Stamie Despo at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply today. Must include cover letter and resume with references.|