- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Pink Bow Campaign
Purchase a Pink Bow and support Komen Charlotte!
The Pink Bow campaign was started by BCC Rally in 2007 as a way to spread breast cancer awareness and raise funds in support of Komen Charlotte’s mission. Since inception, the campaign has raised over $650,000 and reached thousands with a vibrant message of hope!
Now a Komen Charlotte campaign, you can purchase your bows via our online store or in office.
There are three bow sizes:
Five inch pull string bow.
Seven inch pull string bow.
Ten inch pull string bow.
Thinking of getting a group involved in the Pink Bow Campaign? Here are a few ideas!
Getting neighborhoods involved with the Pink Bow Campaign is simple:
- Request HOA approval if required.
- Spread the word- email your neighbors, distribute flyers, go door to door, or create a community event.
- Tie bows on mailboxes, trees or lampposts as orders are received, or tie all bows once all orders are received.
- Leave them up year-round or highlight during the month of October during breast cancer awareness month!
This is a great way for your office to engage in a community activity together with minimal effort. This is also a great way for Race for the Cure corporate teams to engage leading up to and after the event. Show your pink pride to all who visit!
- Obtain permission from management.
- Spread the word to employees through email, announcements, or word of mouth.
- Display bows on doors, cubicles, and even computers.
- Encourage competition between departments; host a “wear pink to work day” for a $5 donation; ask management to match funds raised by employees.
- Alternatively, encourage management or department leaders to purchase bows to pink up their offices.
This is a great community involvement activity for kids and students of all ages!
- Obtain permission from principal and enlist the help of a teacher, a club and/or parents.
- Bows can be sold during lunch, or at specific school events. Sports teams can designate a “Pink Out” game as a great way to involve the entire school community.
- Encourage students and faculty to tie bows on their backpacks, cars, hair, lockers, and classroom doors.
Pink Bow Campaign presented by: